Our college has a vision:
- To impart high-quality education in science to produce professionals of national and international repute. The college has undertaken the following steps to achieve this vision:
- Recipient of the Star College Award, our college has received grants for 10 consecutive years from DBT to Upgrade infrastructure, promote scientific temper, research culture, and aptitude among students, the institute organizes Workshops: Two workshops were organized during the sessions to provide hands-on training to the students.
- Interdisciplinary approach to be adopted by all departments. Our college organized the two-day mega event Science Fiesta comprising of intercollege and interschool competitions like Essay Writing, Poster presentation (pre-prepared), Rangoli making Speech Competition, workshop for school and college students on 18-10-2019. The aim of organizing these programs is to spread awareness about role of science and technology in today’s world and to inculcate scientific aptitude among young students.
- College organized a lecture series on the topic Innovation in Science on 21-10-2019 sponsored by DBTGovt.of India,New Delhi,The resource person, Dr. Felix Bast from central university, Bathina delivered a talk on “The Voyage to Antartica Memoirs from 36th Indian scientific expedition to Antartica.” Then, Dr. Daisy Batish from Dept. of Botany,Panjab University ,chandigagh addressed the students on Biodiversitystatus,depletion and conservation. The college Director, Prof. Gurcharan singh presented a talk on Basic Science of Medical Imaging.The post graduate department of Chemistry organised a lecture series on the topic XRay Defraction and TEM Imaging on 29-10-2019.
- Minor research projects are allotted to students by all the departments to inculcate research aptitude in them and the college aims to continue its distinctive endeavors in this direction to achieve in some research and its applications in diverse fields of relevance and social utility.
- Students are taken to research Labs/Universities to interact with Distinguished scientist and research scholars and to expose them to the nature of the research being carried in these labs.An INSA SPONSORED lecture was organised on 12-2-2020 in which Dr.R.C.Sobti ,Former vice chancellor Panjab University, Chandigarh delivered a talk on Popularisation of Science. Teachers of Botany Department organized field trips to study the flora and fauna of different habitat and Department of Zoology took students to Chhatbir Zoo to show them the variety of animals in their natural habitat.
- Students are provided industrial training: Students are encouraged to conduct departmental level seminars for enhancing their analytical skills.
- Laboratories are well equipped with sophisticated and latest instruments.