PROGRAMME OUTCOMES, PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES, COURSE OUTCOMES:
Mechanism of Communication: The following mechanism is followed by the institution to communicate the learning outcomes to the teachers and students.
- Hard Copy of syllabi and Learning Outcomes are available in the departments for ready reference to the teachers and students.
- Learning Outcomes of the Programmes are displayed on the notice boards of career counselling cell.
- The importance of the learning outcomes has been communicated to the teachers in departmental meetings.
- The students are also made aware of the same through Tutorial classes.
B.Sc. Program Outcomes
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) offers theoretical as well as practical knowledge about different subject areas. These subject areas include Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Botany, Zoology and Biochemistry.
This programme course is most beneficial for students who have a strong interest and background in Science and Mathematics. The course is also beneficial for students who wish to pursue multi and inter-disciplinary science careers in future. Following are the various programme outcomes:
- This course forms the basis of science like physics, chemistry, biology, zoology and mathematics.
- After the completion of this course students have the option to go for higher studies i.e.M.Sc. and then do research work in their respective fields.
- It helps to develop scientific temper and thus can prove to be more beneficial for the society as the scientific developments can make a nation or society to grow at a rapid pace.
- Students after this course have the option to join Indian Civil Services UPSC CSE as IAS,IFS, IPS, SSC, and PCS etc.after passing competitive exams.
- This course also offers opportunities for serving in Indian Army, Indian Navy, Indian Air Force as officers.
- Science graduates can go to serve in industries or may opt for establishing their own industrial unit.
- After the completion of the B.Sc. degree there are various other options available for the science students. Often, in some reputed universities or colleges in India the students are recruited directly by big MNC’s in related fields.
- After higher studies, students can join as scientist/Assistant professor/ Ph.D. and can even look for professional job oriented courses.
- Students can also get jobs in Marketing, Business& other technical fields. Science graduates can alsobe recruited in the banks atProbationary and clerical cadre posts. They can opt for teaching jobs in Govt. &private schools and various coaching centres.
Program Specific outcomes:
a) B.Sc. Medical
- B.Sc. Medical students acquire knowledge in the subjects of Botany, Zoology, Chemistry and Biochemistry.
- Medical Students will become able to define and explain major concepts in the biological sciences.
- They are able to correctly use biological and chemical instrumentation and proper laboratory techniques.
- Students will be efficient to communicate biological and chemical knowledge in oral and written form
- Students will be capable to recognize the relationship between structure and function at all levels: molecular and cellular.
- They can opt for higher studies in Botany, Zoology, Chemistry and Biochemistry
b) B.Sc. Non-Medical
- B.Sc. Non-Medical students acquire good knowledge in the subjects of Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics.
- A non-medical student will be able to use the scientific knowledge of the core physics principles in Mechanics, Electromagnetism, Modern Physics, and Optics.
- They are able to acquire the basic manipulative skills in algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and calculus.
- The students will acquire knowledge of appropriate level of technology for use in: a) experimental design and implementation, b) analysis of experimental data, and c) numerical and mathematical methods in problem solutions.
- The students will be able to apply the underlying unifying structures of mathematics (i.e. sets, relations and functions, logical structure) and the relationships among them.
- They can investigate and apply mathematical problems and solutions in a variety of contexts related to science, technology, business and industry, and illustrate these solutions using symbolic, numeric, or graphical methods.
- The student will acquire knowledge of Chemical Thermodynamics, Kinetics, Electrochemistry, Atomic Structure, Inorganic and Organic Chemistry, Spectroscopy and Skills in Industrial Chemistry.
- They can join as a scientist in reputed research institutes having a great scope for growth and development. He can prove to be an asset for the society by producing something more innovative.
- They can join higher studies in Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics.