CAREER COUNSELING AND GUIDANCE CELL
Career Counseling and Guidance cell has been established in the college to provide guidance to the students in choosing their careers as well as in preparing them for jobs. Information is provided from time to time to keep them aware of the latest scenario in the global world. This center works in the library. Mr. Jatinder Singh from department of Botany is the In-charge of this center.
The Centre functions with the primary objective of making students employable, and then focusing on getting them placed in reputed Companies and Organizations. To impart employability skills to the students, the Centre is engaged in training them regularly on various modules that make them enter and then adapt to the organization. The training modules cover group discussions, interview techniques, self-motivation, stress management and a host of other need based skills for the students. The Centre strives to open frontiers of knowledge and reveal new horizons of change, to broaden mind sets and to create positive attitudes in the students by organizing lectures, workshops, seminars and group interactions.
Aims and Objectives of Cell
- To provide guidance to the students on various options available in the course of their study.
- To organize lectures and seminars to update their knowledge about various available career opportunities in today’s world.
- To develop positive attitude and behavior in order to meet challenges.
- To provide information to the students on the scope and relevance of any area irrespective of their field of interest.
- To recognize their strengths and overcome their weaknesses.
- To groom the students for framing their CV’s for job and appearing for interview.
Activities of the cell
- Infosys conducted a placement drive in January, 2012 in our college in which four colleges of the area participated. Ms. Arshpdeep Kaur from our college got selected during this drive.
- A lecture on Resume writing was delivered by Mrs. Rekha watts HOD dept. of English LRDAV college Jagraon on 28/02/2014. She gave tips for making impressive resume for the purpose of job interviews.
- To inculcate the research aptitude among the students, ten students of M.Sc. chemistry II were sent for 7 days training cum workshop from 13/10/2014 to 18/10/2014 to learn different techniques of lab instruments like HPLC
at NIPER Mohali.
- An impressive and motivational lecture on “How to excel in life and career” was delivered by Mr. Sony Goyal an alumnus of IIM Ahmadabad on 18/02/2016.He told the students about three mantras of success, selecting a goal, working hard to achieve that goal with sincerity.
- Jatinder Singh, faculty member attended a seminar on “How to get students placed” at Basant Palace Ludhiana on 31/05/2016. In this seminar, the issues like the different career options available for the students and how to prepare the students for the job interviews were discussed.