YOUTH RED CROSS SOCIETY (YRCS)
The Youth Red Cross Society is a worldwide, well known, universally accepted, admired and internationally identified humanitarian service organization. It was established in 1863 in Geneva, Switzerland. The father of Red Cross movement and recipient of nobel award for peace in 1901 was “Jean Henry Dunant”, who was a successful businessman.
Youth Red Cross has the following three principles:
- Protection of Health and Life.
- Service to the sick and suffering.
- Promotion of National and International Friendship, to develop the mental and moral capacities of the youth.
To inculcate the feeling of service of mankind, college has formed the Youth Red Cross Society.
Members of Youth Red Cross Society:
- Sarbdeep Kaur Sidhu
- Chanderpreet Kaur
- Karamdeep Kaur
- Amandeep Kaur Matharoo
- Akashdeep Kaur
More than 50 volunteers are actively involved in social activities under Youth Red Cross Society of S. Govt College of Science Education and Reseach, Jagraon.
- To promote the participation of children and youth in the work of Red Cross.
- To recruit, train, and develop volunteers/ personnel as necessary for undertaking humanitarian responsibilities.
- To ensure the correct use of Red Cross emblem, to maintain its protective value.
- To contribute to the improvement of health, the prevention of disease and maternity & child care in the community.
List of Events:
YRCS of the college has conducted various competitions like declamation contest, poster presentation on AIDS- Causes, Spread & Treatment.
YRCS of the college has planned to conduct following activities:
- Blood donation Camp.
- Extension Lecture on Cancer Awareness.