Scholarships are available under different schemes for the meritorious students of the college. The facility of scholarships is given by the Govt. of Punjab, Central Govt. or other agencies. The information in this regard is put on the notice board from time to time as per the schemes of government.
Note:- The students applying for various scholarships should have valid Bank Account no.
- Scholarships to S.C.& B.C. Students:- The SC/BC students studying in this college are eligible for applying this scholarship. For these categories, scholarship is given to those students whose family income is up to 2.5 lacs for SC students and 1 lac for BC students. The student following in BC category should have at least 60% marks. This limit can change as per directions of Govt. Of Punjab. The student applying for these scholarships should have relevant category certificate and adhar card no. The bank account of the students should be linked to the adhar card. After getting admission, student will registered at Punjab Govt. Website ‘Ashirwaad Portal’. After getting registered on the portal the student will get user ID and Password. After this, The student will login and apply for scholarship. The student will submit copy of application along with other relevant documents. The dates of online applications will be put on the notice board. The students can fill the form online on website-www.punjabscholarships.gov.in. In case application in not approved due to any reason, the required fee will have to be deposited.
- Scholarships to Minorities by Central Government:- For this scholarship, the application will be submitted according to the instructions of central govt. The information will be put on the notice board for time to time.
- Inspire Scholarships:- The students of B.Sc.(I) who come in the 1% students of 10+2 and have obtained more than 85% marks are eligible to apply for this. The information will be put on the notice board for time to time. The student can apply on the website http://www.online-inspire.gov.in
- KISHORE VIGYAN PROTSAHAN YOJANA:- Date of applications 3rd week of july 2019 to 4th week of August. Download of admit card 3rd week of October 2019 and test will be held in the 1st week November 2019.
- G.C. Scholarship schemes:-
Post graduate and Indira Gandhi Single girl child Scholarship:- The only daughter of parents who after passing graduate degree takes admission in any post graduate non professional course is eligible to apply under this scheme.
Post graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holder:- Any student who gets first or second position in the university at graduate level and takes admission in any post graduate non professional course is eligible to apply under this scheme.
- Dean College Development Council PU Chandigarh:-1794/DCDC/DS Dated 27/09/2018
Merit scholarships for low income group:-The income of parents should not exceed 3 lacs. Academic excellence is the sole criteria.
Scholarships for differently abled:-Degree of disability will be sole criteria (b) Percentage of marks in qualifying examination.
Only Girl Child:–
Scholarships for sports person:-(a) Brilliancy in Sports as per PU Rules (b) Percentage of Marks in qualifying examination
- Scholarships for Aids and Cancer patients:-
(a) Medical Certificate to be submitted by the patient should be issued by CMO
Achievement in Youth festival as per PU Rules (b) Percentage of Marks in qualifying examination
- At College Level:- The needy and meritorious students are given scholarships under SAF Scheme at college level.
- Scholarship by Alumni Association:-Dr. Manmohan Singh, IAS, has announced scholarship of Rs.5100/- for the topper students of B.Sc.(Medical & Non-Medical) and M.Sc.(Botany & Chemistry).
Prof. Prabhjot Singh S/O Sh. Mahinder Singh Jassal (Former Director) has announced to adopt 8 students and provide Rs.5000/- per student as financial Aid.