We are being supported by DBT under STAR COLLEGE SCHEME since 2009. The DBT has enabled us to upgrade the laboratories and libraries for students hailing from the rural areas of Punjab. The qualitative performance of the students has improved exponentially. The number of students securing above 80% has increased from 3 in 2008-09 to 55 in 2018. With the financial support from DBT we could:
- Arrange two National Conferences.
- Invite 80 Dignitaries to the college to deliver lecture and motivate our students.
- Organise 14 workshops for hands on training.
- Arrange 46 educational tours to field, research labs and universities.
- Hold 6 lecture series.
- Organise an innovative Inter college competitive event: Science Fiesta I 2016, Interschool and Inter college competitive event Science Fiesta-II, February 2019. And Science Fiesta III October 2019.
- Quality of teaching is enhanced with the addition of MIPS, OHP, Computers, projectors etc. for delivering Lectures and Seminars.
All these events provide a platform to the students to interact with the scientists to widen the horizon of their knowledge. This has generated interest among the students to pursue science as career. The teachers have been equally benefitted.